Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Leadership Summit

Leadership Summit with Lauren Murphy and Audrey Robertson

Today, I met with Lauren and Audrey to discuss our individual group facilitations for life skills.  Since I have already turned in my rough draft for my group next Monday, my plan as already completed. I discussed this plan with the group and they gave me feedback.  They liked my activity ideas and provided specific suggestions on how to tweak them to make it better.  Lauren and Audrey had not yet turned in their respective rough drafts, so we also spent some time brainstorming about activities they could do and possible theoretical approaches they could take.  The most useful aspect of this group was getting my peer's input on how to approach my facilitation using my theoretical approach.  I told them how I could tie in the Cognitive Behavioral Approach and they gave me more insight as to how I could further defend my theoretical approach when the time came.  Since Audrey and Lauren both chose Allen Cognitive approach for their theoretical basis, they were given the opportunity to discuss strategies and critique one another based on their chosen approach.  This experience helped further refine my group skills and aided me in my process of putting the final touches on my group protocol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment