Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Foundations: OT Process

Today we learned about the OT Process, as described by the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.  Above you will find a graphic that includes a sort of word collage of terms that relate to each aspect of the process.  I found this graphic helpful because it helps me associate what belongs in each part of the process at a glance.  I love learning about the process of occupational therapy because it is the meat of what we do.  Learning about our domain is interesting of course; however, I find the process of OT captures my attention more because I can visualize myself in each of these steps.  I am getting more and more excited just thinking about going through this process with my clients.  Before today’s class, I did not realize how important proper documentation was in the process.  It’s amazing to me that even leaving a single blank empty can be a tragic mistake!  I see how this kind of strictness is important to our profession; mistakes in our documentation can negatively affect our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment